Definitions and Interpretations
- Data; collectively all information that you submit to PennyHeros ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definition provided in the Data Protection Laws;
- Cookies; a small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- Data Protection Laws; any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementation laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
- GDPR; the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
- PennyHeros ltd; (WE or US) PennyHeros Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11551597 whose registered office is at International House, 12 Constance Street, London, E16 2DQ
- UK and EU Cookie Law; the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communication (EG Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- User or You; any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by PennyHeros ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to PennyHeros ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website; the Website that you are currently using pennyHeros.co.uk, and sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts, and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, PennyHeros ltd is the “Data Controller”. This means that PennyHeros ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone number;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways
- Data is given to us by you;
- Data is received from other sources; and
- Data is collected automatically.
PennyHeros Ltd will receive Data in a number of ways, for example:
- When you contract us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail, or through any other means;
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- When you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
- When you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- When you elect to receive marketing communication from us;
Data that is received from third parties
PennyHeros Ltd will receive Data about you from the following third parties:
- YITH WooCommerce;
- Google Analytics
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- We will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be use by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Improvement of our products/services;
- Transmission by e-mail of marketing materials that may be of interest to you
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done by using email, telephone, fax, or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the website;
- To allow PennyHeros ltd to process any order that you the customer has made through our services;
We may use Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your Rights” below).
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need you consent, whether via an opt-in or soft opt-in:
- Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your Rights” below.
When you register with us and set up your account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter in to such a contract
Who we share our Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- Any of our group companies or affiliates- to complete the order process, PennyHeros ltd will be required to order stock from our suppliers to complete sand fulfil your order;
- Our employees, agents and/or professional advisers. Data will be shared with employees, customers purchase, and delivery details will be required for order completion;
- Third party services who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – to help third party service providers in receipt of any data to perform functions on behalf of PennyHeros to help ensure the Website functions correctly;
- PayPal- to fulfil orders requested by the purchaser, payment information such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, identification information to establish an account, as well as other information associated with the transaction such as amount sent or requested, amount paid for the products or services, merchant information, including information about any funding instruments used to complete the transaction. Device information, Technical Usage Data and Geo-location.
- WooCommerce for payments with PayPal purchase total, currency, billing information. For taxes: the value of goods in the cart, value of shipping, destination address. For checkout rates: destination address, purchased product identification numbers, dimensions, weight, and quantities. For shipping labels: customers name and address as well as purchased product identification numbers, dimensions, weight, and quantities.
- PennyHeros ltd Suppliers: PennyHeros ltd will supply delivery details such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address with any company that the product identification number is directly related with, no payment details from you, the customer will be given to any supplier, unless otherwise agreed in principle with you the customer first.
Keeping Data Secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- We store your Data on secure servers
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology
We are certified to PCI DSS. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: Dataprotectionofficer@pennyheros.co.uk.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems please visit, getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is support by HM Government and leading businesses.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on back up or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes
You have the following right in relation to your Data
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information, we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reason why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is in accurate or incomplete
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “Block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: Dataprotectionofficer@pennyheros.co.uk
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority, the information commissioner’s office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their Website at https://ico.org.uk/ .
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other Websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies , you are enabling PennyHeros ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
|TYPE OF COOKIE||PURPOSE|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website, when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Functionality cookies||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example your choice of language or region).|
You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalised settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up to date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy setting.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer https://www.aboutcookies.com/. You will also find out details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other right or remedy.
This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of English and Welsh courts.
You may contact PennyHeros Ltd by email at email@example.com
Below is a list of that we may use. We have tried to ensure that this list is complete and up to date, but if you think we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
|Name of cookie||Purpose|
|WooCommerce||This cookie is required for the operation of our website. They include, for example cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing etc.|
|Ajax||This cookie is required for the operation of our website. They include, for example cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing etc.|
|PayPal||This cookie is required for the operation of our website. They include, for example cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing etc.|
We use the following Analytical/Performance Cookies
|Name of Cookie||Purpose|
|Jetpack||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website, when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Google analytics||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website, when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
We use the following functionality Cookies
|Name of Cookie||Purpose|
|WooCommerce||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example your choice of language or region).|
|WordPress||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example your choice of language or region).|