- Himalayan salt blocks, also known as Himalayan cooking plates, are an exciting way of seasoning and serving food. The dusky pink Himalayan rock can be slowly heated or chilled to extreme temperatures.
- The tight crystal lattice in the Himalayan salt block means that it holds its temperature for long periods of time & to the extent that the salt block can be used to fry fish or keep ice cream chilled.
- Please note: The salt plates are a natural product and do vary slightly in colour. Because salt plates are made of salt and not stone, it needs to be heated and cooled extremely carefully.
- TIPS: The Golden Rule of Heating Your Salt Block
- 20 minutes on low
- 20 minutes on medium
- 20 minutes on high Sprinkle
- Test: Sprinkle a few drops of water on the block. If they sizzle vigorously and disappear immediately, the block is ready.
- Hand Test: Hold your hand two or three inches above the block. If you can’t keep it there more than 5 seconds, it’s hot enough!